"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Paul to the persecuted at Philippi (2:5-11)

27 December 2008

The Day after Christmas (moved)

The Day after Christmas (Okay, really the second day of Christmas)

'Twas the day after Christmas
And all through the house,
Every creature was stirring
Except me and my spouse.
The stockings no more by the chimney, beware,
meant chocolate for breakfast for that boy with red hair.

The children arouse with great glee from their beds
to play with their goodies while I rested my head,
One boy on the computer,
and one sprawled 'cross the floor
laying out circuits,
while mom and dad snore.

When out from the hall there arose such a clatter
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter,
The toddler arisen had made off with wires
young electrician screamed, as if there were fires.

The battles beginning: "He's touching my stuff!"
"Can I play with that?" "Oh you've had enough!"
More rapid than eagles indeed the noise came
As they whistled, and shouted, called each other names.


Now mamma, now daddy, now parents come here!
My wiring is missing, it's the toddler I fear.
Then off ran the toddler as quick as a flash,
He climbed up the steps and made off in a dash.

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,
So up to the top bunk, the toddler, he flew
and middle child shouts, "that's mine! Not for you!"

And then in a twinkling, I heard down the stair,
the clicking and typing away without care,
Eldest boy on the computer intently did play,
His favorite new game, the day wasting away.

He was still in his PJ's from his head to his feet,
and he defeated the bad guys, oh boy what a treat!
A bundle of toys lay flung 'cross the floor
And I waded my way to the computer room door.

But his eyes, how they twinkled, his dimples how merry!
He conquered space pirates, those bad-guys so scary.
His sweet little face beamed with a fresh glow
"Mama! watch this! It's such a great show!"

A screech from the next room, the circuits, are grand
A fresh-made radio, he holds in his hand.
Then a splatter, a spill. I quick turn around,
And the toddler has poured his fresh milk to the ground.

I cleaned up the mess, just as quick as a flash,
but the next thing I knew, the boy'd made off in a dash.
wet pants and all, to avoid a clean-up
"I wan' wear train pj's all day until sup."

They spoke not a word, each went straight to his work
His circuits, his games, his trucks and damp shirt.
And laying a finger up high in his nose,
the youngest at least, had not slugged his big bro's.

And husband at work, with no school for the boys,
I'm left home alone to deal with the noise,
but to each little boy, with their eyes shining bright,
I love you the best. But early bedtime tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment