"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Paul to the persecuted at Philippi (2:5-11)

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Where I've Been

My friend and fellow blogger David asked me the other day why I'm not blogging lately. I haven't forgotten, I've just been free-ranging all over the place. Most recently, I have returned from Alaska, where I avoided being TSA-Cancerified by virtue of traveling with a small dude. I was kind of surprised Alaska puts up with that, since they rely so heavily on air travel up there. Anyway, Anchorage otherwise seems to be radiating everyone, as was Denver and Knoxville this summer. Another reason I hate flying.

That, and the current state of my luggage... after checking five bags on the return trip, four were returned to us damaged, two badly and possibly beyond repair. Thanks United. And did I mention they charge extra for that service? Yeesh.

Anyway, I don't feel like posting anything political... a pox on all their houses! I'd best not blog about baseball (being a Cincinnati fan in Pittsburgh). The church is mostly behaving itself (with the delightful exception of some recent talent displayed at clergy conference). That leaves homeschooling and y'all don't want to hear about that.

So I'm not blogging because I'm either too busy or too cranky. Take your pick.

4 comments:

  1. You heated up TSA, United, politics, and baseball, and ignored some local in-yer-face church antics. I'm going with "cranky."

    See you in church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Redlegs of yours look like they're in pretty good shape as they head toward October. I think our Bucs are pretty much out of the picture for post-season play, though a last-minute turn-around and a stumble by a few other teams could still open the door. At least 82 wins may still be on the table . . . . Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Bruce, but the Reds have had some discouraging losses recently too... They may make it to October, but I'm not all that encouraged that they'll make it far into October at this rate. As for Pittsburgh, I'm really looking forward to them closing out the season above .500. If they do that they'll have a lot of great steam for next year, which is way beyond what we've seen in years past. AND the way things are going, Pittsburgh is showing their team that they'll come out for baseball, not just football and hockey. Grand.

    ReplyDelete