"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Paul to the persecuted at Philippi (2:5-11)

Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 2: Activities, Speeches, and Games. Oh my!

Today was a splendiferous day. (So surprised that the spell-check didn’t pick up on that.) That pretty much is the best possible word to describe it. No other word counts.

Mom and I kicked it off with the old-school early dilemma; almost missing breakfast. We got up rather late, and it took a little while to get out the door. As we finally did, I turned to Mom and told her, “See, everyone; Tara and Isaac shall have no bread, for they slumber still,” in my most sarcastic but serious-sounding voice. But it was almost true, as we got in the last line open for breakfast. Good thing we didn’t get there later!

After that, the youth and I went off to do some activities, and sing some songs. After the latter, I slipped out to listen to the Baroness Cox give an extremely moving speech about the Southern Sudanese, which I described in Dystopia Here. (see below) After this, my mom and I stayed in the exact same spot for a short noonday prayer, and then went to have lunch.

Soon afterwards the youth and I spent some time hanging out together in one of the conference rooms. I got a small workout in that time.

After evening prayer, we went down to the dining hall for a very nice salmon dinner. It wasn’t nearly as nice as Mom makes it-she makes it fall apart to the touch and makes it so flavor-full it tasted more like candy flavored fish- but it was food, and I ate.

I must wrap this up, for I have another session to go to, as well as some time to hang out with youth at the bonfire!

~~Isaac, Guest Writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment