"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Paul to the persecuted at Philippi (2:5-11)

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Little Internet Accountability

My friend David Wilson posted the following comment with regard to TEC-Pittsburgh on his blog:
"Recently I was told that: “There are three openly partnered gay or lesbian priests licensed and functioning in the TEC Diocese, there is a priest licensed and functioning who has been divorced three times and married four times and a heterosexual priest living with a woman to whom he is not married."

It's worth scooting on over there to read the whole thing.

I cannot either confirm nor can I deny his information. I just don't know. But I repeat it here for two reasons... one is that if it is true it needs to be out in the open. Hiding away on one little blog, mine or David's does not deal with the issue, the accusations made. The other is to offer my friends in TEC-PGH, some of whom I know read this blog, the chance to be aware of the rumor and, if appropriate, make a rebuttal. So I pass along the rumor as such, not as truth, but as an accuasation that demands a hearing.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post. Although I would prefer to call my assertions "allegations" rather then "accusations" BTW, one of the "Pittsburgh 12" addressed the issues I raised off-blog through private email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noted... probably a better word choice, although I considered you just the reporter anyway.

    ReplyDelete