"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Paul to the persecuted at Philippi (2:5-11)

29 October 2010

Pure Awesomeness

I'm very pleased with my teenage son. Helping in a tae kwon do demo today, he managed to get kicked, not once, but three times in the same finger. He was holding boards for kids who had not studied martial arts to break. Getting your finger smashed between someone's foot and a pine board isn't fun.

Of course, I had no idea it even happened. I was in another part of the room, doing other things. But afterward, he came to me for sympathy. His finger was swollen. Poor kid.

But the show goes on. Next thing I knew, he was doing his bo staff pattern. A little off his game but only he and I really knew. It must have been hard to keep a grip on that swinging stick with a swollen and painful finger.

I splinted it, but he's in now typing up his homework. I wish I had the resillience of a teenager.

Needless to say, martial arts is good for him. I think, after today, I will stop worrying quite so much about his future. He'll turn out alright. In a lot of ways he already has.

No comments:

Post a Comment