"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Paul to the persecuted at Philippi (2:5-11)

08 October 2008

An Observation (moved)

This summer, as I walked out of the ladies' room at the library at Nashotah House, I couldn't help but notice a sign on the door of the men's room that said something like "please do not take library books beyond this point." It made me wonder if there had been issues with students taking books into the bathroom where they could of course be damaged by water, until I turned around and looked back at the ladies' room door and found no such sign. I had to chuckle; I guess women aren't as notorious for bathroom reading.

That was a little silly amusement, until tonight. I split my research between Nashotah's library and Trinity School for Ministry's library... and tonight at Trinity's library, on my way to the ladies' room I passed a door wih a sign on it that said "No library materials beyond this point." On second look I noticed that yes, the door was for the men's room. And no, there was no equivalent sign on the ladies' room.



So guys, particularly those of you at Anglican seminaries... you seem to be getting a reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment