"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Paul to the persecuted at Philippi (2:5-11)

04 October 2008

Buenos Dias (moved)

The Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh, along with this somewhat pitiful tired deacon, have taken our leave of the Episcopal Church and have realigned to the Province of the Southern Cone. It was a very bittersweet time. A lot of people asked me if I was okay during the convention. I guess I looked like heck. 2.5 hours of sleep will do that. I admit, I'm an insomniac and had it bad the night before. I think I was a little doom cloud through the first half of convention, at least until the break.

After the resolution passed, some deputations got up and walked out. But on the whole the mood was hopeful. Now that I'm home, it feels like I'm somehow older and a bit worn down. Maybe that also is the after effects of the insomnia.

At any rate, I am now part of a province I can at least pronounce if I have the words in front of me but can't remember on my own in its proper language. The extent of my pathetic Spanish is camping happily in the subject line. I expect, with differing opinions on women priests, this will be a learning curve for all involved. But the work is no doubt worth it, the tired feeling is a small price to pay.

I look forward to being able to pray regularly "For Greg, our Archbishop" among the prayers of the people. And to the clergy and people of the Southern Cone, who have so graciously accepted us as their northern-most outpost... Gracias.

No comments:

Post a Comment